Monday, September 1, 2008

Everyday things can be artistic

It has always amazed me how everyday things can be converted into something artistic. We've all seen the sculptures and artwork made of household items, trash and even have seen musical instruments made the same way. I actually saw this on "Sunday Today" and thought it was very interesting. Most of the instruments you will see are truly functioning instruments all made from car parts. This "Ode" was written for the car parts as a Ford Focus commercial that is actually airing in Great Brittain right now. I had never thought of the musicality of our vehicles but somebody did! In my classes this week we were talking about how everyday movements can become dance or art. I thought this was a fine example of how to illustrate this fact. The arts take the "everyday" and makes it extraordinary! Share some examples if you wish or comment on the video in the comments section. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed it. It shows how ones Imagination can be with anything,and endless.