Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Little Shop of Horrors



Little Shop is my next project that I have been working on for Casa Grande Union High School. A couple of my dance students are in this cast. Although I am the choreographer, there really isn't a ton of choreography in this show. The kids have done an excellent job, and the musical, although humorous on the surface, is quite the commentary on society.

Little Shop will run April 3 and 4 at Casa Grande Union High School's auditorium, at 7 pm, tickets are $10. It will be the last production directed by Manual Leybas, who has been the drama teacher at the high school for 30+ years and has recently been laid off as a result of the budget cuts. This could also very well be the last musical at Casa Grande Union High School.

As for me, I will be assigned to teach dance, and drama at Casa Grande's second high school, Vista Grande next fall, so I too will be leaving CGUHS. We are still trying to decide where that will leave traditional productions such as Nutcracker.

No comments: