Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The wrap on Nunsense!



I know that I am way behind on blogging about this show, considering it has already come and gone. But I should mention it just the same. I had the priviledge of being the choreographer for this show at the request of Stacey Seaman, a former colleague of mine who directed the show. I also had the priviledge of working with an amazing cast of five ladies and the extracrdinary crew working backstage. The ironic part was that one of the cast members was a good friend I graduated high school with and hadn't seen since graduation until I found out she was living nearly in my backyard a few months back. I made so many new connections. If you have a chance check out S.T.A.G.E who helped promote this and is working to develop theater in the local area.

Some of the things I love about shows include the connections and new friendships that are built as a group works towards a common goal, being around other creative, passionate people, the rush and stress of show week as everything finally becomes real, the success of a show. This is the world in which I fit and no matter what is happening, somehow always makes sense to me.

In this case Nunsense was on March 5, 6 and 7 at Central Arizona College's Pence Auditorium. The show was seen by 1800+ patrons with a complete sell out for the matinee on the 7th. This was the first musical in several years at CAC and it is hoped that this won't be the last musical.

Here are a few shots as we rehearsed and wrapped up....




No comments: