Friday, August 15, 2008

Hip Hop Fridays in dance class




Let me introduce you to David Moore. David Moore is a choreographer out of Los Angeles who has been featured on shows such as America's Best Dance Crew and has choreographed for several celebrities. I had the opportunity to meet David and take a class with him at the Phatgrooves4U clinic I took a week before school started. He was very down to earth and easy to learn from, no matter how difficult the choreography. If you would like to see more videos check him out on youtube. He has about 40 videos of his choreography posted. This is just an overview. If you would like further information on David Moore, check out his website on myspace.com\djmoore.

Today was hip-hop Friday in my dance classes. Most of my classes were very accepting of the choreography and the music I was using. One of my classes began complaining that they wanted something harder or faster. Once we got going they realized that it wasn't as easy as it looked and that the whole process of learning, memorizing and executing choreography. The execution of the choreography was not quite the caliber that they thought it was but I know that will improve with time.

No comments: